We moved this one-of-a-kind piece into our apartment…and then noticed the smell. The Craiglist sellers found it at a garage sale, stripped it, repainted it and tried to get rid of the nasty scent. Unfortunately for us, the scent was stubborn. I whipped up a little DIY for anyone else struggling with a similar problem, or anyone who wants to dress up their drawers!
- Scented pine cones (or other potpourri)
What you’ll do:
- Lay your scented pine cone on your fabric to measure how large your fabric piece needs to be.
- Double the fabric over so that it’s big enough to be folded.
- Turn it inside out and sew the fabric together (hot dog style). Don’t sew the ends.
- Turn right side out and put your pine cone in the middle.
- Wrap the ends of fabric and tie with your yarn.
- Wa-la! You’re done. You can dress up your drawers and make them smell better too.