1. Monday I was having a little pity party (and a bit of PMS) regarding my business. I’ve been doing this for over 10 years and there are still more times than not that I don’t feel like I know what I’m doing. With branding, marketing, design – all of the things. I asked for prayer and a lot of you stepped up and prayed for my attitude and mood. I’m happy to say that I’m feeling much better now, but I know these doubts will still creep up from time to time. Hopefully next time I’ll be a little more prepared to handle the doubts in God’s truth.
2. As a result of my pity party and some great classes I’ve listened to from the Influence Network, I decided to do a survey to see where some of my blind spots are regarding what my customers want and how they view my shop. It was so eye opening and I’ve come out of it with a renewed excitement for what’s to come in 2014 for Amy Cornwell as a brand. It’s hard for my people-pleasing nature to not just move into things 100% and do everything that was suggested – so I’m taking time to process and think about each suggestion and if it will fit my vision for amycornwell.com and myself as a person. I can’t wait to see what’s to come.
3. I ordered an Emily Ley Simplified Planner but I jumped on the bandwagon late so it hasn’t arrived yet. I’m going crazy without a paper planner to write to-dos in. I also ordered Lara Casey’s Power Sheets. I’ve never been a goal-setter. I’m not sure if it’s the fear of letting myself down or not accomplishing goals. Or maybe it’s that I’m afraid to set really lofty goals and actually have them come to fruition. Regardless I’ve never been one to make goals but I just really feel that at this point in my life I have to. I can’t just keep living how I have, letting life happen without directing it too much. Yes, God is directing it but I do feel like He wants us to set goals and grow. Listening to Hayley talk about vision casting earlier this week was icing on the cake. I’m so ready to set goals and plan for 2014. Did you set any goals? I’d love to hear what they are if you feel comfortable leaving them in the comments!
4. My mom and I went antiquing the other day and I came across these with a beautiful handle so I created something new. You can get your own in the shop or see how I used some vintage utensils in my garden back in 2011 on the blog. You never know when inspiration might hit!
5. Well, I want “5 things” to be a series but I just can’t think of a 5th thing right now…I’m so sorry! Next time I’ll make sure I indeed have FIVE things!
Have a fabulous week! xo